Thursday, July 12, 2012

The B Box

Christmas of the year Bethany was born, my dear sister made a box full of writing ideas for me. 

I took the box to my classroom and would pick out a prompt for the students each day to do a quick 5 minute writing at the beginning of the class period. We would share some in partners, some in small groups, some with the whole class. My classes were writing more and interested in each others' lives.

After leaving the classroom to start coaching, the B Box sat on a shelf for a couple years. I started blogging at Modblog, and took the box out once again.

Sharing prompts with my friends online was an interesting adventure. I loved reading what others came up with as responses to the prompts.

When Modblog went away, I once again put the B Box on a shelf. Once or twice, I completed a prompt on Facebook, but it wasn't the same. I missed the blogging format.

So, now I have started this blog, Minda's B Box Blog.  I will be sharing prompts from the B Box here. I will also be sharing other artistic challenges from across the web. I hope you will join me in writing and creating. Please share your comments, artwork and writing. Please "Like" my facebook page to stay up to date on new blog postings.

Let the Creativity Flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment