Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wings to Fly



I had a dream about flying last night. I jumped off a building and right before I hit the ground, I spread my arms and lifted back into the air. I flew over a city I didn't recognize and enjoyed feeling the wind against my face. I think this is an appropriate topic for today.
The morning started clear and bright. The large clouds off on the horizon didn't bother me, as I knew I'd reach my destination before the storm arrived. I stretched my arms and wings, taking in a deep breath of the fresh spring air. There were two goals for today; reach the mountains and find a waterfall.

I took a running start from the deck outside my bedroom door. Leaping into the air, I gave my wings a chance to find the wind and took off for colder ground. I had been working on my endurance over the past few weeks, so I knew I could make it.

Hours later, I spied the Blue Ridge mountain range; the cool mountain air chilling my lungs.
I landed on the grassy knoll and took a look around. Clouds were high and I could see far across the mountains. I spied the waterfall I was looking for and took off.

Ravencliff Falls...the highest waterfall in the southeast United States lay before me. I flew to the highest point and looked down. Diving straight down, I followed the flow as it crashed against the rocks down and down again. Folding my wings against my back, I plunged into the water at the base of the falls. 

I found a long flat rock to spread my wings and dry off. My goals met, I took off once more and found my way home, splashes of rain pelting off my feathers as I landed on the deck and smiled at the end of my day.

2 comments:

  1. My Nephew is blogging responses now! Here is what he had to say.

    http://zekesblogblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-wings.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis! Love ya!

    http://allartz.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-pair-of-wings.html

    ReplyDelete